The Mission of the Assistant Project Manager (APM) is to lead all aspects of the construction project under the management, direction and coaching of a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager.
The responsibilities for success will vary depending on the project and Project Manager, your development and experience, and the organization and staffing of the project. Activities will range from those of a Project Engineer, Plan Detailer and those of a PM. The overriding objective is to coordinate all the team members on the project ensuring all project responsibilities are executed for a safe and successful outcome for A-C, the team and our customers.
- Develop schedule of values and cash flow schedule
- Coordinates subcontractor plan resulting in effective project flow
- Propose, negotiate, and strategize change requests
- Be A-C’s advocate at project coordination meetings, documenting the key points and escalating issues that may impact the project
- Knows and executes the contract, project requirements, and rules of engagement
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or Architecture) or equivalent experience
- Minimum four years of construction or engineering experience to include three years as a Project Engineer
- Applied electrical experience and knowledge through accredited apprenticeship program, or relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, Procore, and Bluebeam
- Working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, contracts, billing, and forecasting
- Proven communication skills and strategies
- Honest and trustworthy with strong work ethic
A-C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.