The Electrical Estimator is responsible for estimating work as scheduled by the PCS Manager for bid. The estimator will prepare cost estimates for electrical projects, bid projects, prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, communicate with clients, vendors, engineers, architects, building officials, owners, contractors, and subcontractors, determine the scope of work, review design options, and price all field change orders.
You are among the Electrical Estimators we’re looking for if you:
- are experienced in estimating complex electrical construction projects; industrial, commercial, medical, and education, while further developing the strength of the estimating team.
- are a relentless developer of estimating policies, procedures, systems, and personnel with an objective to ensure QA/QC of all estimates prior to client submission.
- exhibit discretion in reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting bid documents to determine the Scope of Work and use independent judgment to formulate the estimating approach and bid strategy in a manner that enables the attainment of awarded projects within contract quotes.
- heavily interact with vendors, suppliers, GCs, customers, and other company departments to resolve issues during design and/or pre-bid.
- are passionate about inspiring others to both perform at an exceptional level and to seek greater knowledge through continual learning.
- understand the entire electrical construction process from design through project close-out for large commercial and industrial projects.
- have advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and the ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems.
- exhibit proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, and McCormick.
- were the kid on the playground who when knocked down, would get right back up again.
- prefer craft beer to domestic brands.
- can be found at the gym pounding the rowing machine, headphones on while your eyes wander the facility structure assessing time and materials on how YOU would have developed the space.
If you identify with the characteristics above, we want to hear from you!
- Four-year business or engineering degree or equivalent experience (minimum of 5 years).
- Standards: NEC, NFPA, UL, and ISA, as related to design and documentation
- Classifications: Area classification requirements as related to design and documentation
- Wiring: techniques, color-coding, sizing and de-rating, and insulation classifications
- Plans: Able to read and interpret one-line diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, layout drawings and wiring diagrams and modify them for optimization
- Applications: Proficient in computer software including MS Office and McCormick estimating software
- Demonstrate and uphold all of A-C Electric Company’s core values which include integrity, quality, professionalism, knowledge, safety, service, family, community and desire.
A-C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.