The A-C Electric Company Internship Experience Program combines diverse experiences and continuous learning for students with an investment in you that’s personalized to you. You will be guided through our learn-on-the-job environment as you develop the ability to apply new skills to future challenges. Humble-and-hungry students will quickly find that our unique culture grows the person, as well as the professional, and opens up opportunities to be one of our top full-time coordinators to explore many distinct careers as a leader across functions, segments, and geographies within our organization.
If you’ve set your sights on development, the A-C Electric Company Internship Experience is a great place to start. The experience is a 10-12-week summer program providing excellent depth of experience with various real world construction projects. You will also have exciting professional and social engagement activities throughout the experience that provide opportunities to network with your Intern peers all the way up to senior leaders. The challenges are real and impactful; and will stretch you like never before. Jump start your career today!
- The purpose of the internship is to provide the student with supervised practice at the work site and in the continuing daily work of the safety professional
- Interns will assist the Safety Director, Safety Coordinators and A-C management in adhering to company safety and loss control policies
- Works on construction projects or in the office to assist in the day-to-day activities associated with safety and loss control
- The Safety Intern shall be supervised by the Safety Director
- Participate in training at safety meetings, tool box meetings and orientations
Additional Job Duties
- Assist in promoting safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, State and Local regulations and owner/contractual requirements
- Assist in conducting jobsite inspections
- Assist in maintaining safety records, including, Job Hazard Analysis, training records, tool box meetings, maintenance of the OSHA 300 log, maintenance of the MSDS and chemical inventory sheets, incident investigations and metrics
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety related programs to meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors’ degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related major
- Must have valid interest in pursuing a career in Construction Safety
- Needs to know basic computer skills and/ familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs
- Must be able to relocate to Bakersfield, CA for the entirety of the internship (living stipend provided)
- Capable of identifying known potential exposures and recommending corrective actions
- Developing leadership characteristics and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
A-C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.