The Senior Electrical Estimator leads the Bid Team on projects with complete construction documents (plans and specifications) while working effectively with clients and developing future estimating leaders of A-C Electric Company.
- Reviews and understands thoroughly the plans and specifications for each Bid Project assigned.
- Works through others on Bid Team to complete bid process from start to finish.
- Sets up the estimating plan: Determine the Take-Off structure to account for Bid Items and potential tracking (if applicable). Includes Bid Form, Labor, Kitting (as applicable), etc.
- Collaborates with CS Team to identify opportunities for prefab.
- Interfaces with Chief Estimators from GC.
- Develops junior estimators into future leaders.
Additional Job Duties:
- Reads plans and specs and completes Nickel Tour Document.
- Review Bid documents and determine BID strategies.
- Communicate w/customer to learn deadlines, list of competitors, etc.
- Works directly with Division Manager on bids, consistent messaging to customers, vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and subcontractors.
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary in preparing the bid packages including: sub-contract work, equipment rental, tools and supplies.
- Manages take off process, delegates to team as appropriate
- Prepares RFIs
- Performs budget pricing from conceptual design with alternatives. Determine and price value-engineered alternatives to plans and specs.
- Determines Project Estimated Value for projects and identifies ways to achieve at a profit. (Here are the opportunities in this project.)
- Selects quotes to use from Sub Contractors and Vendors. Develop detail scope and BOM for vendor and subcontractor packages.
- Develops budgets.
- Responsible for Scope Letter: Provides content for and in some cases create scope letter
- Develops content and inputs into Bid form (Prime Bid)
- Final review of EBS for accuracy and completeness
- Reviews Estimate Turnover Packages prior to being sent to Divisions
- Prior to the issuing of the formal bid package, provide to the Chief Estimator a detailed review of scope, technical requirements and pricing for the estimated bid package.
- Ensures all Bid files are complete for bid close out
- Submits final bid to client, works with them on questions.
- Project interviews and presentations
- After successful bid (win), meet with project team to explain estimate, scope, quotes for successful transition
- Implements measures to increase efficiency
- Electrical Design Experience
- 6+ years Electrical Estimating Experience
- McCormick or other Estimating Software Experience
- Public and Private Experience
- Commercial and Industrial Experience
- Strong Communication and Collaboration Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excel and Word
- 2+ Years Estimating Supervision Experience
- Completed Electrical Apprenticeship Program
- S. Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years Electrical Field Experience
- Additional Experience: Utility-Scale Solar, Commercial Solar, Traffic Signal/ITS.
- Contract management acumen
- Ability to plan, organize, and control all established bid process
A-C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.