The Contract Specialist plays a pivotal role in ensuring the prompt and thorough review and processing of contracts, with a steadfast commitment to safeguarding the interests of A-C Electric Company. Upholding the highest standards of honesty and integrity, they dedicate themselves to maintaining accuracy and precision throughout the contract management process.
- Timely and accurate review of company and client contracts to ensure completeness, accuracy, delivery obligations, performance requirements, timelines, and costs, thereby minimizing A-C’s exposure to risk.
- Processes contracts in accordance with company policies, legal and compliance requirements.
- Maintains precise documentation on contractual records and retention of resolutions for future situations.
- Tracks all required compliance documents including bonding and insurance requirements, orders when necessary.
- Fields inquiries from client managers, PMs, and other leaders regarding status of contract in A-C process.
Additional Job Duties:
- Able to demonstrate exceptional ability in managing multiple interruptions and adeptly assessing priorities.
- Handles dynamic situations with poise and efficiency ensuring that critical tasks receive the necessary attention while maintaining a smooth workflow.
- Timely and accurate data entry of new contracts and contract review files.
- Efficiently processes change orders by meticulously adhering to established procedure.
- Handles preliminary notices with unparalleled attention to detail and timely follow-up. Discerning whether the customer is public or private and executing tasks with precision, adhering to established processes. Self-checking ensures high accuracy and reliability before forwarding work for review.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in equivalent field, paralegal or CCCM Certification preferred
- 1-2 years Construction Contracts Experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong commitment to continuous improvement and growth.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Contract Law
- Paralegal skills, legal vocabulary and business acumen preferred
- Supervised by Contract Manager
- Growth Examples: Contract Administrator, Senior Contract Administrator, Contract Manager and beyond.
Pay Range: $20.00-$40.00 per hour. Pay may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this job may also include other elements depending on the position offered.
*A-C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.